This is what happens when you combine the remarkable optical characteristics of a diamond with Android technology. The Diamond AMP (Android Media Player) transforms your TV into multimedia station and places it in your pocket. Yes sir, it’s small like a gem but powerful like a modern HTPC. The AMP1000 comes with 802.11n-wifi as well as a 100 mbit Ethernet jack, internal there is 3.5 GB storage, but you can use the SD Card reader and thus SDHC cards.
Basically, just imagine your Android phone, but on your TV. If an app is compatible with the version of Android that is on this hardware, then it should technically run on this product. This is great because you can run most apps in the Market instead of just the limited “Google TV compatible” subset.
Currently, the product runs on Android 2.3 but there will be upgrdabed to ICS 4.0 soon. In addition, the package includes a 3-in-1 remote control. So all in all, what we’ve got here is the world’s smallest 1080p video player.
- Enjoy your favorite Android Apps on your Big Screen TV
- App Installer for application installation from USB/SD card
- Built in 802.11b/g/n WIFI module, wireless Internet access
- RJ45 10/100M Ethernet interface
- Simple and easy installation
- Supports 1080P video playback
- HDMI video output
- Supports SD card
- Supports Google Chrome browser
- 3-in-1 Motion Remote
- Future Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
- Supports Any USB Mouse & Keyboard
Price wise, AMP1000 costs $130 and is available for purchase.
Just don’t get too excited yet. As every low-budget product out there, there will be surely some flaws or minor problems to be concerned with. Read some reviews, know the flaws and more importantly be aware of the product’s performance before you buy it.