Τhere’s a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change… button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select “Steam Beta Update”, and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:
– Fixed layout of installation wizard when installing multiple apps.
– Fixed rare occurrence of prompting a user to accept the same Steam Subscriber Agreements multiple times.
– Big Picture: Added support for notifying the user when logging into an account that has already logged in on another machine
– Big Picture: Fixed bug where chat notifications might not be displayed when in game.
– Big Picture: Fixed possibly displaying multiple countdown timers in the store
– Big Picture: Fixed loading animations disappearing before loading was complete
– Big Picture: Fixed crash when entering Big Picture mode while in a voice chat
– Linux: add support for custom Steam library folders
– Linux: fix bug w/notifications stealing focus
– Linux: fix bug that caused text to be entered backwards in edit fields
– Linux: fix overlay crash w/Amnesia: The Dark Descent Demo
– Linux: fix overlay crash w/The Critter Chronicles
– Linux: fix “Retrieve A Lost Account” wizard causing steam to minimize
– Linux: fix Turkish characters showing up correctly in Steam updater window
– Linux: remove game icons when removing a game
– Linux: fix bug causing menus to close when a sub-menu closes
– Linux: fix bug with usernames ending with ‘.’
– Linux: fix bug w/Steam changing global mouse cursor theme
BTW did you know that SteamBox is based on Linux ?