“Everybody wants to do something to help, but nobody wants to be first.”
We have put, time and effort to bring out the best of our self for this project. If you have found it useful, funding this time and effort with your donations can be a rewarding way of making a difference.
By downloading the uCareSystem app you accept and agree to obey the license GPLv3.0
uCareSystem app is Licensed under GPLv3.0.
Ubuntu (14.04 or later) or Debian (8 or later) and derivative distributions (Not tested on every flavor)
uCaresytems system has the following features:
- Updates the list of available packages
- Downloads and installs the available updates
- Checks if there are older Linux kernels on the system and removes them. However it keeps the current and one previous version of the kernel.
- Cleans the cache of the downloaded packages
- Removes obsolete packages
- Removes orphan packets
- Deletes package configuration files from packages that have been uninstalled by you.
- It can upgrade to the next version with the
-uor to the next development version with the
Please read more for details:
ucaresystem-core on the press:
techrepublic.com: How to simplify your Debian/Ubuntu system updates with uCareSystem
ostechnix.com: uCareSystem Core : A Basic Maintenance Tool For Ubuntu
howtoforge.com: How to maintain a “clean” Ubuntu